Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Revitalisation of the Church of the New Generation

Today, the organisers of the three meetings that I shall be preaching over the weekend asked me whether I am on any medication and how they should prepare an emergency kit. Frankly, this is the first time someone asked me about my medical condition. But after a moment, I realised I shall be preaching among the seniors (Wira) probably half of them are some sort of medications. But I told them, I am not taking any medicine but occasionally my wife reminds me to take Vitamin Cs. The last time I was really sick was in 2015 in Ranau when in my first year I went to the general hospital there three times and took antibiotics. My blood pressure was fine then and though in Ranau until 2018 I would fall ill occasionally but that never warranted clinic or hospital visits. God is good.

He has kept me in good health. But I realised that my strength is no where as good as even ten years ago. After Sunday preaching for 43 minutes, until this late afternoon (Tuesday) I still feel lethargic and recovery takes longer than usual. I do not how I will feel after three sermons over this weekend. So I am mentally preparing for this, even staying in a church house is not so inviting anymore but I told my wife I will do so one last time at least before I turn 60 years old. Then the following week, I would preach three more times within 12 hours, two services in the morning then I will drive to KB again to preach at night. For this ministry,  I told my host I will check into a hotel as I shall be driving straight to KB after lunch with church leaders in KK. As traffic over the weekend is terrible I hope to arrive in KB around 4pm and rest for the evening's service and I shall be spending a night in the hotel before driving back to KK next morning. How long can I do this? Until I am 70? But as the Psalmist says, "I will declare your strength to the next generation before I am no more". A whole new generation has grown up and needs to hear God's Word anew. Lord, use Your servant mightily for Your glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment