Wednesday, November 29, 2023

The Lord Spoke when we are serving Him

I was overwhelmed by God's presence over a whole month. My end of Semester ministry started exactly a month ago on 29th October when I received an invitation. It was one of the bigger village churches and 278 adults attended. Since then, I preached on 12th Nov, three times over 36 hours on 18-19th Nov and three more times within 12 hours last Sunday. All seven sermons are different except the Christmas sermon which I covered almost the same scriptural texts. Yesterday after 24 hours since my return from Kota Belud on a Monday I felt a tiredness seldom felt before. I guess it adds up with the kind of intensity. On ministry days I often got up before 4am, often at 3.30am when I had to drive to the place of ministry though it is only 90 mins' drive. I preached on a mountain top church to about 500 youths on 18th Nov and the youth leader drove me back to my place of accommodation and I got back at 12 midnight and got up the next day at 4.30am to get ready for preaching again.

Yet, often times the Lord granted me strength and I never let up with the seriousness of the task at hand. For an entire year from May 2022-April 2023 I was on itinerant ministry while writing my books. Yet I felt the Lord spoke to me which I shared with sister whom I knew since she was little, probably 10 years old. She is 30 now and she asked me what my future ministry would look like. She knows that my son is in NZ and asked me whether I had any plans to go to New Zealand. I told her that my heart is still very much in Sabah in the Bahasa ministry, but the Lord may have something else in mind. I need to follow the Lord. The Lord had spoken to me several times - "follow behind Me" (Prov 24:27 LXX). Be fully prepared for the field. I may return to the mission field once more. I need to be with God's people where they are. When I spoke to the youths, I realised a whole generation has risen and I do not know them and they do not know me. I told the congregation the day after that I asked the Lord that I could live till 80 years old because I want to help this new generation come to know the Lord and grow in their faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment