Friday, December 1, 2023

The Lord Calls

The Lord calls. 29 years ago He called me into full-time service. In fact, I received the call 40 years ago (May 1983) but it took more than 11 years of nurturing and equipping before the Lord knows I am ready. Can anyone be ever ready to serve the holy and Almighty God? That’s why it is God who calls for no man enters into this on himself or his own good wishes. Without God’s call it is meaningless and those who serve without a calling are not His servants but careerists. There is nothing worse than those who think Christian service is just a job or a mixture of the holy and the common. Many will sin for a piece of bread. And the Lord’s servant must know His calling to follow the Lord devoutly and minister according to His strength and truth. We serve the one true God.

Let no one be a hypocrite and falsely serve the Lord. Many, say Paul, are enemies of the cross for they serve their own appetites meaning their own agendas and ambitions. Where there is jealousy and self-interest there will be trouble and every kind of evil, says James. What do I remember about my first days in ministry? The days of my first love just like the first two months of my being born again? I wore a tie and got ready to enter my first class at 8am on the 1st Dec 1994. 

There was a commotion at the door of the classroom as there was a big scorpion just a few feet from the door. A student went up and stepped on the scorpion and that was it. He is still in ministry until today I saw him just two weeks ago. Those who step on scorpions and snakes are those who will succeed in their ministry as enemies are aplenty and we are warriors against spiritual forces of darkness that try to destroy men’s souls and hinder those who will want to serve God full-time.

No comments:

Post a Comment