Tuesday, December 26, 2023

The Family of God


As usual I received Christmas greetings from near and far. Most will accompany the greetings with a family photo. This year is blessed as I have my family with me, all four of us worshipping the Lord and listening to Christmas Eve’s sermon. My family is precious to me and God’s family is precious still. So when I posted a photo on my Seminary’s group I posted a photo taken just after the Christmas service with the church members and mu wife, son and his wife too. But that photo is God’s family and it is God’s family the church that is the most important and I represent Him as Lord of the church, celebrating His family and to God’s family I am dedicated to His service, the ministry of the church. Three church meetings in a non-air conditioned hall in the interior Papar has somewhat taken a toll on me. I sweated tons and I drank massive amount of water and it was through sweat and struggle I preached an hour long sermon Sunday morning. My last sermon lasted just 35 mins and might as well as other activities took another 2 hours after the sermon and the service lasted 4 hours and 15 mins, past twelve midnight when I said the closing prayers and wished the congregation one more time a merry Christmas. It was Christmas Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment