Friday, December 15, 2023

Love Story in the Song of Songs: How Does it End?

I just wrote a 500-word abstract for my proposed paper to be presented in an Old Testament Conference in Europe. It will either be presented at the SBL International Meeting in Amsterdam or the joint meeting of the Society of OT Study (UK) and the Dutch OT Society (OTW) in Tilburg University. I plan to attend both meetings since it is only two days apart during which I could spend a couple of days in Geneva or Rome before flying back to Amsterdam for the SBL. It is something I had planned for a long time, more than 15 years since I wrote a paper in 2007 for the IOSOT meeting in Slovakia or was it Slovenia?

But my late father's 70th birthday clashed with the dates and I had to stay back in Malaysia at that time. It's been 16 years and I still have not set foot in Europe. What better opportunity to spend my 60th birthday in Rome or London! If I make it, I will write two papers as I plan to present at least one paper at SBL Meeting. One further factor is that University of Leiden and Amsterdam have departments in Indonesian language as they were the colonial masters of Indonesia for many years in the early 1800s to mid-20th century. I plan to visit at least a couple of Universities and donate my Malay commentaries and books to their libraries. May the Lord establish His purposes and fulfil all the counsel I have for His glory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment