Monday, December 11, 2023

21 Days b4 2024

My spirit is greatly stirred as we near the end of the year. A few days ago, my good friend said when I told him, "I am going on an adventure again" - "Are you Indiana Jones?" No I am not, but I have always felt my life being devoted to Christ, I become or have become His Majesty's secret agent (weapon - a chosen arrow like in Isaiah 49) like James Bond. Even the Greg Storm that killed more than 200 people in 1996 could not stop me from fulfilling my job as preacher in the interior villages. Last Thursday, another friend from West Malaysia was quite surprised that I had pastored three indigenous churches, basically a cross-cultural ministry and I told him that I had preached in nearly 130 village churches in the State of Sabah.

So before year's end, my spirit stirs again, wondering what the Lord has in store for me in 2024 and beyond. If I need to wait, so be it, and I will write my 7th book. I have had practically no time leftover for any writing in the last 6 months, being given 4 subjects to teach as a new lecturer, doubled the load when I started at TTC in Singapore 15 years ago. Even in midst of all busyness, I managed to write one essay within the mid-Semester holidays and have my 6th book published as a Collection of Essays and Sermons which I wrote over the past 7 years and the five sermons included were all written script before being preached over 17 years, the earliest being a sermon I preached in 2006 as the senior pastor of SIB Likas (BM), and also my last sermon in TTC in April 2014.

But now I look forward to 2024. The Lord has warned me to be fully prepared for the field - does it mean I have to return to the mission field of the interior churches far from Kota Kinabalu? I pray that I will know by the end of the first quarter of 2024, but at present, the only thing that is certain is uncertainty. That's means walking by faith and not by sight as I entrust my life unto the Lord once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment