Saturday, December 23, 2023

Preacher & Professor

More one is given more is expected. If you are given five talents you have to multiply five more and make it ten. I was standing with two of colleagues as I was packing my stuff just prior and both were enjoying their Christmas break without preaching. They are senior Professors, but I am also a preacher. Hence, every Christmas since 1994 I have received invitations to preach though I must have taken at least two years off preaching when I was in Singapore to visit my son in NZ over Christmas and one time to just have a break from speaking in Singapore.

This is kind of my last leg, being the sixth weekend preaching and will be my 11th sermon in 2 months. My voice is barely holding and I pray tonight the congregation can hear me with the help of a microphone. 

But I have no doubt I have to press on to maximise my five talents including writing books which I will have to move to a new project once the New Year begins. By mid January the new Semester starts and I shall be delivering three courses in Malay including intermediate Greek. 

But first things first. By God’s grace I will get through three service until Sunday night and drive back to KK on Christmas morning. Then I have a day or two rest and attend two functions before attending my son’s blessing ceremony and reception which I shall be preaching the matrimonial homily and also acts as the officiant. My daughter in law thought her father-in-law pastor is the best candidate to perform all that and I am only too glad to oblige. But coming to 2024 I do think it will be a fruitful year even more than this year though it is hard to beat for God’s glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment