Saturday, December 30, 2023

My Son's Wedding

I am just about to walk to the Hall where I will serve in my dual capacity as father of the groom and officiant in the wedding ceremony. It is a sunny day near a Beach Resort. The Gospels have a number of parables whereby a king prepares the wedding of his son and also a parable or two about the coming bridegroom and his bride. Every day is a new experience and today is not the same as before. I have preached many wedding sermons before in my 30-year full-time ministry but normally another celebrant will officiate in the exchange of vows and rings.

Today I am doing both, praying the blessing of the marriage of my son to his wife, my daughter-in-law. It has been a busy month of December in light of the five Christmas sermons and wedding preparations, though I do not have much to do except to write up the 15 min sermon and the prayer blessings which I will pray in Jesus' name. It is a day to be remembered with all my family members present, with my mother and three brothers and their families. After the ceremony, we will have cocktail with finger foods and the main dinner reception is at 7pm and I will give a speech as the groom's father to thank my guests. To God be all the glory and the sermon bring people to Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the world. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment