Monday, March 25, 2024

Preaching Season Begins

I did not realize that my preaching season has commenced again after a month’s hiatus. I had preached three full sermons of 50 minutes and longer. Yesterday in church I preached for 53 minutes in heat without air conditioning as the power box exploded at 8.15am just after I arrived for the 9am service. We waited 15 mins for the fireman to come and they put out the slight fire at the source at 9am sharp. We managed to get the service started at 9.07am without power supply but we opened all the windows so there was plenty of light and a bit of wind blowing through. I felt myself sweating throughout but never once bothered me until the lights came on again in the last 5 minutes of the sermon.

I felt the anointing strong and many left the service joyful and fed by God’s Word. A women’s leader shook my hand at the end and said how she was blessed by the message. I preached about Purim from the book of Esther. I had prepared slides but might as well so that I could cut the message short by at least 5 minutes. The elder told me that at most the congregation could bear with 30 mins but I preached on for 53 minutes without ever feeling the congregation tossing but they paid full attention to the end. That is the effect of the anointing and without the anointing a 10 min sermon would be too long. But God’s grace I brought 11 books and only one copy of Departure Points was left unsold. There must at least five or six people who came up to me asking for more books. Praise the Lord for there is a hunger for His Word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment