Saturday, March 16, 2024

There is no place like Home

Home is where my ministry for the Lord is. Often times I will not go back to my own home except for once a week that I need to make sure the house is in order and my other car is also running well. I try to alternate between the two cars and but my main stay is the Seminary and soon it will be over in just a bit more than 2 months. I will go on my annual leave by the fourth week of May and probably move all my things out by middle of June. This time, it may be strenuous as one ages and unable to do any heavy lifting, but it is a lot easier compared to my several moves back and forth of Ranau between 2014-2019.

Then, I had to do two trips with my former Triton which I sold nearly three years ago. My belongings are not many and a few essentials like a microwave as I like to heat up my coffee when it gets cold and not fully drunk. But there is no place like home. At least on this side of eternity, a home is where one feels the most comfortable, not just because the place belongs to the home owner but more so, many fond and beautiful memories are created in a place called home. 

Where I shall be going after this is entirely in God's hands. I may not go anywhere else as the Lord knows I am no longer young and soon will enter into the 'youth of one's senior years" as one YouTuber put it which means from 60 years old to late 60s if one's health permits. 

Then in the 70s, people can still be healthy and if I take my mother's aging into account, I could see that once she reached past 80 or 81 she aged considerably within a year or so and has become much weaker physically though she is still sharp and alert in her mind. She will celebrate her 85th birthday next month. 

When a friend asked me how I assessed my one year at College in KK, I told him that "there was no loss and no gain". He could not understand my cryptic way of speaking but I explained that there was no loss as I got paid teaching and I was not paid for almost 18 months before going into this current "job". But there is also no gain as very soon I felt stuck, given 4 subjects to teach in the beginning was just about impossible to do (compared to two papers when I first started in Singapore and another two the following Semester). So I have taught 7 papers in Sabah for the first year compared to just four in Singapore with the latter paying three times more. So there is no gain because I had not written anything except the essay on theological education which I spent a whole week during last September's Semester break when my colleagues went for a retreat in Korea. I am glad to be home now, and soon I shall be home for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment