Monday, December 26, 2016

Final Leg (Part 2)

It was intense. I am on my final leg of journeying back to KK with a stopover in Ranau for lunch. I preached my worst sermon last night, my 22nd sermon and last sermon for this Christmas season. I had nothing left in the tank. It was hard going but I managed to plow through Eph 5,1-14 in 50 minutes. The first two sermons lasted an hour each on Matthew 2 and 4 respectively. Yesterday after the Christmas morning  service I baptised 7 young men in river Kamaruok in Entilibon. I felt I should do it instead of finding excuses since the great commission includes baptising them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. I went into the river bare foot and it has been a few years since I baptised people in a river. Last year at my Ranau church I baptised about 15 youths on 2 occasions in a church baptismal pool. But after 2 months of travelling I am very much looking forward to a long rest without preaching.
 I will be taking a couple of days' rest before preparing for my NT lectures on John's Gospel and NT theology for a fourth year BTheol class. I will also teach English mid week for all who are able to take my class. It will be in 3 parts, first reading a passage of Scripture or a Psalm, second, a chapter of a Christian book (devotional or spiritual) and third 30 minutes on conversational English. I am glad it is over, this season of itinerant preaching. It has been great to connect with the churches again some of which I visited for the first time and some a second time after 20 years. Overall there has been great joy and conviction of sins by the Holy Spirit. Yesterday morning I gave an altar call for repentance and four women came forward with loud cries and one knelt before the Lord. It turned out a couple heard me preached in Sandakan last May and they expressed their desire to have me visit again. Well, if it is only an hour or so drive away.

No comments:

Post a Comment