Saturday, May 20, 2017

Paul & Titus

It has taken me a whole week and it is only half done. I am preparing two sermons for a Pastors' Conference in two weeks' time. I am given a full hour to speak each session so I could go up to nearly 3,000 words. Since I was back in Sabah I rarely had time to write up sermons in full, preaching on average 3 times a week when I was pastor of a Ranau church in 2015 and perhaps averaging 2 sermons a week last year. Thank God in the month of May this year I have no speaking engagements and with the Semester break now I have some time to get into my sermons. I have been reading about Titus, mentioned 9 times by Paul in 2 Corinthians.
We are used to hearing about Timothy rather than Titus and not least in 2 Corinthians he was the most important of Paul's co worker alongside Timothy. So I will use the figure of Titus as a role model for loyal friendship and partnership in ministry. I need to by Monday re start grading the papers I have not finished marking and the exams scripts. It should take me a few days and I have less than 2 weeks to prepare for my lectures next Semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment