Thursday, June 8, 2017

36 Hours

I rested for 36 hours after my exertions in speaking for almost 2 and a half hours over 2 sessions, the first went on for 1 hour and 20 mins and I felt the anointing strong. Today after more than 48 hours after the Pastors' Conference had ended I was still receiving text messages of thanks and encouraging feedback. One senior leader came up to me after the first session that it was time local preachers stepped up. I kind of joked as I began my first session by asking the audience not to compare me with the invited speaker the night before, one of the biggest names in the Indonesian circuit. But God was no respecter of persons as He who anointed Paul the apostle also anoints His true and faithful servants.
I spoke about faith, forgiveness, integrity and loyalty based on 2 Corinthians 1-2 with other references from the same epistle. For the second session I spoke from 2 Corinthians 6:2-11, especially verse 6 on the Holy Spirit and knowledge as weapons of righteousness. After the Conference ended as I stopped just before 12 noon to give way to closing speeches from the denominational leaders, my former students who are now pastors met with me and took photos for keeps sake including a few wefies. My reward was to see joy in their faces and I believe most pastors were blessed though I am sure over a couple of hours there was much to chew over and digest. It was tough as a pastor and a full time worker preached before my bosses and most were very kind in their words in thanking me. I was not even the second or third choice but God intervened and spoke through His servant to His servants for His Name's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment