Wednesday, January 3, 2024

It is good to Work

There is a verse that says a man goes out in the morning to work in the field and returns in the evening. It is good to work as God has called us to work. Adam is tasked to tend the garden of Eden. Those called to work for God are most blessed. We work all the time as the Father is always working (John’s Gospel). There is no moment that I could say I don’t work. Even in rest and in sleep is in order that we could work well after rest. It is not a matter of being gainfully employed as the world. I am employed by God who has proven faithful. Even when human bosses play the fool or play foul, God is true to His servants and I have experienced this time and time again.

God can use institutions or human bosses to feed us no doubt and most servants of Christ are serving in churches that have human leaders that manage the finances including the pastor’s salary. If and when I choose to wait for my next appointment I will write books. Four of my five books were written when I was out of employment of churches or institutions but God is always near. Even the longest wait of 17 months lasting from end of 2021 to June 2023, I was provided for. 

Hardly having to dig into my savings whatever little that is left and last May I broke my one fixed deposit to visit my son and God had arranged everything in advance. Even my fear of flying and my son working in the office were overcome when my flight to Auckland was so smooth for 10 hours without any shaking or turbulence. Then when I arrived, my son told me he would be working from home as his office was being renovated. I had a wonderful two weeks’ vacation spending much time with my son over breakfast lunches and dinners and met up 7 of my closest friends in Auckland. How God answered our prayers beyond our praying, thinking and asking. I look forward to productive year. Many exciting things will happen as greater works will you do because I go to the Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment