Thursday, January 11, 2024

My Father is always Working

Jesus said this about His Father when he was accused of working on the Sabbath. In the past several days, I have been getting up real early and starting work just after 6am in the morning. My office is just about 40 meters from my apartment, so it is just walking a short distance across a road and clocking in. All my three courses this Semester are new subjects which I have never taught them before in my 11 years as a Bible School teacher. I look forward to teaching the Song of Songs and Advanced Greek which is really 2nd year Greek for those who have done 2 Semesters of Greek. I am reading critical commentaries as well using about three exegetical studies with exposition on the Greek text from John 14-17.

We will just cover six chapters of NT Greek including two chapters of Galatians 1-2. For the Song of Songs I will follow my concise commentary of seven parts, one week for each part with a couple of weeks of introduction and concluding with looking at the history of interpretation and differing methods of interpreting the Song of Solomon with its many allegorical possibilities. Perhaps 12 or 13 weeks of lectures at the most. 

I am also supervising three students which I hope to visit their churches on alternate Sundays which means I can attend my home church for services every other week. I reckon these four months until middle of May will pass by in no time. I also need to prepare for two sermons as I am asked to be the Seminary's Retreat Speaker for the Malay Department students which has probably 50 full-time students, making up the majority of students in the Seminary. My last sermon which will be my farewell speech will be on the last Assembly at the end of April after which I shall begin to move my things out of my apartment back to my home in Kota Kinabalu, only 13 kms from the Seminary. I also lead a family group of five students every Wednesday and we have decided to use a temporary office for that. The last family meeting is due to be held middle of May which will be a send-off for me, marking a full year of Seminary's life which begun on 1st June 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment