Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Boxes & Books

Three months ago I saw my departing colleague packing his books and things and he is all ready to go. But I have not packed a single thing as of today. But this evening I saw some empty boxes at Popular Bookstore and I duly took them with the store's kind permission. Five boxes could hold a quarter of my books and I need 15 boxes more. No wonder Jesus said, "How difficult it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle." Camels are beasts of burden; they carry the owners' possessions and when the possessions are too many and the camel is heavily loaded, the animal could not get through the gates of a city which in most cases are only 3 to 4 feet wide.
I have no possession wider than 4 feet wide. I own no beds or sofas in Singapore. In fact, for 5 years we wanted to buy a mattress to replace the old mattress we are using for 6 years but knowing we might move any-time decided against it. Wise decision! I can leave tomorrow or the next day. I can pack all my things in 48 hours and what I don't want to bring with me, I will just hand over to Salvation Army next door or the re-cycle bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment