Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Final Reckoning


It is the finale. In the next 36 hours I have to decide what to bring with me and what goes into the recycle bin. I am sorting out my papers for the 10th time. Already gave all my notes to one former student but I still have stacks of photocopied articles. Most will be thrown out just like salt that has lost its saltiness. Perhaps I will ship my last three boxes of books or maybe I will give them away. This is the third and final time I am bringing things back with me to Sabah. One lesson I have learned through moving houses in the past months is that moving is hard and that's why very few choose to move. Perhaps a spiritual analogy why very few truly follow Christ because it involves going and moving.
I pray that I will return home for good or at least for the next 10 years. It is impossible to predict the future as if I am not going to move again. Next if the call to move comes again I will sit back and let the movers do the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment