Sunday, October 5, 2014

New Day & New Hope

I got up way before the Muslim call to prayers. I had gotten used to the sound of the call as my house is surrounded by two mosques. I have always thought to myself that if my co-religionists could get up early at 4:30am to pray why not Christians? So this morning  I got up before 4am and I was filled with a sense of peace which was indescribable. I was filled with a joy that transcends the many joys I had experienced before. I was filled with a sense of hope that words could not define for eyes have not seen nor ears heard nor the heart perceived what God had prepared for them that love him. What I am certain about is that a new dawn is coming, a new day which brings new hope.
This morning as dawn broke I had finished preparing for my sermon for next Sunday in my home-church. It will be on 1 Kings 17-19 and I will teach about what prophets and prophecy mean in the New Testament and their roles in maturing the Church of Jesus Christ. Return to your rest, O my soul for the Lord has dealt abundantly with thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment