Thursday, October 23, 2014

O Books, Whither your Home?

Deciding where to send my books has been the greatest challenge. My home destination is not the ideal addressee neither is my current location. Thus, I sent a box full of my most precious books to my son in New Zealand in the hope that he will make use of some of them, maybe not now but in years to come. A man is only as good as his tools. A quick glance of the pastor's library will tell me whether the pastor will go far in the ministry of the Word. He must know words in order to articulate the Word. No wonder Paul was chosen to write half the New Testament because he was learned than most. No wonder he was called to be the apostle to the nations because the nations were multilingual like Paul and Paul was an expert in Greek, the lingua franca of the day.
How else can you witness to kings and governors if you don't know your confession well? At the end I realized despite my best efforts in securing a home for my books, it is the Living Word that counts. He has found a home in my heart. Others may burn my books or take them away but no one can take this Word away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment