Monday, October 12, 2015

On the Divine Name

I have this long-standing interest in doing some research on the name of God. But today I came across the video posted by BibleEx of Mark Futato's 9min lecture. It is an excellent introduction (see here). I asked Professor Richard Bauckham during his visit to TTC in 2013 whether Jesus referred to or pronounced the name of God.

In several places in the fourth Gospel, Jesus said, "I have come in Father's Name" (John 5:43) and "I have manifested Your Name....keep them in Your Name..." (John 17:6, 11,12,26). If Jesus did, in what form? Even in John's Revelation, the followers of the Lamb have the name of the Father and of the Lamb written on their foreheads (Rev 14:1). And in Rev 3:12, "I will write on him the name of my God".

No comments:

Post a Comment