Sunday, December 10, 2017

Between Sulu Sea and South China Sea

I have completed my ministry in the north in a small town named Pitas along the northern coastal road. The sea view north of Sabah is majestic and the bay of Pitas is known as the meeting point between the South China Sea and Sulu Sea near the Phillipines. I preached 3 times, Friday and Saturday nights and this morning. As the service started past 10am I ended up preaching until 12.11pm for about 56 minutes. It was a longish sermon where I picked my theme from Rev 2:1-8 and vs 18 onwards.
But the time I finished about the Ephesian church I have less than 15 minutes for the Thyitra church. And for a third sermon in a row for a small church they gave me their undivided attention. I wished for a greater climax but last night provided the climax when my altar call was heeded by two thirds of the audience. I spoke about spiritual warfare in heaven from Rev 12. I shared how on the 8th December 1987 I remember during the night there was a thunderstorm with lightning lit up the sky for an hour or so. It was the longest lightning and thunder I could remember and it was for me a spiritual warfare in heaven. The next day I was admitted to the Bar in New Zealand and it was as if at any momentous time in my life I experienced a great struggle not only within myself but war in heaven. The 9th December 1987 was also the start of the intifada or uprising of the Palestinians against the Israelis. Now after 30 years another intifada might happen as a result of USA’s recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment