Wednesday, February 21, 2018

23 Years (Jeremiah 25:3)

For 23 years Jeremiah said that the Word of God came to him and he had faithfully delivered it to the people of Jerusalem. When my eyes came upon the 23 years it struck me that it has been 23 years since the Word of God came to me and I have faithfully delivered it in Sabah and in Singapore. I have preached in New Zealand, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Thailand and West Malaysia but a vast majority of my ministry is among the tribal peoples of Borneo except for my 6-year sojourn in Singapore. But like Jeremiah the main focus of my preaching has been repentance from evil way and evil doings.
But alas how many listened and amended their ways and returned to God? “yet you have not listened to Me, says the Lord, that you might provoke Me to anger with the works of your hands to your own hurt” (25:7). As it is said of the prophets that they rise early and the Lord sends them (25:3). Why do prophets rise early? Early hours in the morning are the best times to listen to the voice of the Lord. Upon hearing the word of the Lord, the prophets will deliver what God tells them often at the risk of danger and at the threat of their lives due to a recalcitrant people.

No comments:

Post a Comment