Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Year of Fulfilment

You have caused men to ride over our heads; We went through fire and through water; But You brought us out into rich fulfilment (Psalm 66:12). Last Christmas I preached several sermons on the theme of fulfilment. I felt it applied to my ministry at this juncture of my life. When all seems so bleak the sun might shine the brightest. Often the Israelites felt all seemed lost, the Lord granted a reversal of fortunes and they were saved by a mighty hand. Just as in the days of Esther and  Mordecai and at David's escape into the wilderness to avoid bloodshed in Jerusalem with Absalom's treachery - when it all seemed lost, victory is snatched at the jaws of defeat.  How sweet is the victory that God so allowed that his people are tested to their limits before intervening with His mighty deliverance. Call on me and I shall deliver you and you shall glorify Me says the Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment