Thursday, June 14, 2018

Women’s Conference

I attended the Women’s Conference for the first time in 3 years. Three years ago thanks to the Conference in KK we escaped the 6.0 Ranau earthquake. I was amazed at the dedication of the women’s folks. Last night’s attendance was more than 4,500 people and those registered broke records, a total of 2,500 people. Now the Women’s Conference if attendance is kept up may even exceed that of the Youth Conference which had a 15 year head start. I wasn’t surprised because in almost all the 30 plus churches I had preached in since 2014 women would make up 70percent of the congregation. Alas where are the men and young men?
But I was less impressed with the preacher who wrongly identified the sinful woman in Luke 7 with Mary of Luke 10 who sat at Jesus’ feet. I wonder how simple mistakes are made if only they study the Bible. Alas more than 4000 women of whom many now think Mary, Lazarus’ sister was a great sinner. So sad. In my heart I would not want someone to preach a 50 strong congregation like that let alone almost 5000 people. But hopefully some pastors present who know will set things right. But the highlight of my attendance came after the service. A woman standing nearby came and greeted me and asked whether I remembered her from Alutok, one of the furthest villages in Sabah at the Kalimantan and Sarawak borders. Sure I remember Alutok because the preached there and turned 32 years old in Alutok. The woman told me she was a tambourine dancer but now she has a 15 year old daughter. May the Lord bless her and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment