Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Elijah on Retreat

The Psalmist wrote that if he had spoken thus he would offend the generation of the children of men. It is a generation that refuses to hear the word of God whose worship is merely on the lips but their hearts are far from God. If it is not so why don’t they call on God but rather trust in Egypt and Assyria? Now that my new phase of my life is truly upon me I can plan and move on. But early retirement is far from my mind. Did not some delegates note how youthful I looked and that the chance should be given to those more senior? How remarkable! Do I have to put a wig of grey hairs or a garment to deceive like the false prophets of old?
Beware if all people say good things about you because they did likewise about the false prophets. But rejoice when they speak evil of you on Jesus’ account and that you are persecuted for righteousness’ sake for great is your reward in heaven. So I will take a break. I shall be like Elijah on retreat when the nation commits apostasy. Come and hide and rest a while says the Lord. Perhaps there is a remnant that remains true to the cause. At least I have more than doubled my votes compared to last time but it is still just over 20 percent. Perhaps that is the remnant for if the Lord has not left us such we should like Sodom and Gomorrah. If I start work it will be to continue my commentary on John’s Gospel. Last year during the end of the year holidays I managed to write more than 150 pages until John 10. It is tempting to take a holiday in NZ to spend some time travelling but on the other hand I don’t want to bother my son or impose on him in anyway. So I may just stay put and if there is any holiday it is most likely within Malaysia. Cuti2 Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment