Saturday, April 23, 2022

Big Day Bash

This morning at 5-am I got up feeling really well. It is not everynight that I could sleep so well. Perhaps it is because my big day is coming. Today is my 9999th day in full-time ministry and tomorrow I will hit the bull-eye of the number of 10,000 days and it coincides with my 40th anniversary in Christ when the risen Lord appeared to me in my bedroom at Ilams Flats University of Canterbury Christchurch NZ in 1982. No wonder I am more a Calvinist than an Arminian though both sides I can't please because I am 80percent Calvinist and 20 percent Arminian.

I believe in human free will and responsibilty or else God can't condemn a person to hell or everlasting punishment (Matt 25). But like Augustine I also know I can't do anything except God has first inspired me to do by His Holy Spirit. I sat at my desk for a whole hour this morning and I could not write a sentence more on my Galatians commentary. It is already a whole week I stopped since I took time to prepare for my two online night classes. I will think twice before accepting any further invitation to conduct anything if I want to see my commentary completed this year, God willing. Today I marked many passages, four or five times more than usual. I felt the Lord speaking to me agian perhaps reminding me that 40 years ago He had come to speak with me and said, "I am alive. I have died for your sins." I wanted to celebrate my big day with my fellow KK pastors but then I thought it might not be so convenient for all sides. I did not want anyone to feel compelled to come. More than two months ago most of my leaders and many church members came to my Lunar New Year dinner. They celebrated with joy and we separated in peace. How could it be otherwise since for almost 2 years I was their spiritual leader, only to a certain extent just like Moses as soon thereafter people grumbled and rebelled. To end on a good note on my big day I thought it was God's time that my immediate family deserved my attention. My brothers are coming back from Kuching and Sydney and unbeknown to them, they will be celebrating my big day just like King Cyrus of old who was given a title by God but he did not know it. One day perhaps I could repay my family for I shall be their spiritual leader just like David's brothers and parents came to David when he was in the wilderness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment