Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Double Sabbatical

A double Sabbatical, that is a total 2 years is a biblical concept. It comes with the year of Jubilee, the 50th year where everyone has to return to their land and kin (Lev 25). But the year of Jubilee is actually a second sabbatical year because the 49th year is also a sabbatical year with every 7th year, a year of sabbath rest for the land to lie fallow before restarting the process of sowing and reaping. For the first time since my full-time ministry which will soon hit the magical number of 10,000 days, I think this time around, my sabbatical time of rest from active ministry will last for 2 years. "Not my will but Yours be done, O Lord".

I see the current SOPs carried over to next year in 2023, and hopefully all will be back to normal only in the second half of 2023, which is three and a half years in all for the duration of the pandemic. I might start afresh early 2024, in my 60th year of my biological life and the 30th year in full-time ministry. Obviously, many things could change, but I am determined to see this out, namely, by reading biblical texts and writing books. My commentary on Galatians is ongoing, though it is difficult to write everyday as I need breaks in between as writing and exegeting biblical texts is as hard as it comes. No wonder only a few are chosen as scribes and scholars for the kingdom of God (Matt 13; 23). I pray that by the end of my double sabbatical, at least one book is completed and published. I still have plans for the 2nd volume of the commentary on John's Gospel (13-21) and perhaps, on the book of Revelation. There are several books that I want to write on, perhaps not in a commentary genre, like the book of Daniel. Maybe, with a title like "End-Time Lessons from Daniel" or the like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment