Sunday, March 5, 2023

Greeted by Former Church Members

Today I had had a wonderful church service. I arrived 35 mins early to speak with the senior pastor and one other pastoral. I thought after the bombshell of my appointment announced by a fellow pastor in our official pastors' group. I wanted to share with the church's pastor today the latest development since I am attending the church he pastors on Sundays when I am not preaching. When I start teaching in the second half of the year, I think I won't preach more than once a month. Just after the service ended a church member called out to me at the door and she was a former member of the Ranau's church I pastored in 2015-2016.

She greeted me with enthusiasm and she was carrying a baby with her. Then two more members greeted me from her extended family. Then at the door of the lift I met another member and his family who were members of the church I pastored in Likas 20 years ago. He was a young man in his early 20s then and now he is a family man with three kids. Yet I was comforted that every where I go I meet with people whom regard me as their pastor or former pastor. These are the fruits of the ministry. Without doubt people vote with their feet and church attendance does depend on whether they like their pastor or that they could feel the pastor connects with them. I went early to church to make clear to the senior pastor that I had no choice but to serve at another institution. I would have preferred to stay on as a pastor within my denomination despite hardships and immense challenges. When I met with an elder of the church over lunch and I said to him that it might just be God's will that I served elsewhere he just laughed and I said I desired peace and now there will be peace, or is there since it is written, "there is no peace for the wicked."

No comments:

Post a Comment