Monday, March 13, 2023

Right in the Heart of the City

The Seminary where I shall be based in June is right in the heart of the city, up a hill called Signal Hill just 1.5km from city centre. When I came down from Ranau early 2019 my prayers were that my ministry would be based in Kota Kinabalu. For me to influence the whole State you have to make an impact on the city. Why is the city so important? Why is a church in a city so important? The church is called to light in the city as a light set upon a hill that can't be missed. Although the Seminary is hidden among green forests and many trees, one can't miss the place as it is directly opposite the Palace where the Governor lives (TYT).

On Saturday one prominent politician invited me to pray for his grandson. I know the mother of the child since she was in Primary School. The whole family was there including a few of my former Likas church members with an elder and a deaconess. 

It was good that in our conversation with my friend and the elder (whom I recommended to be an elder in my final year as pastor in Likas) I managed to explain briefly the circumstances of my new appointment. This politician friend has many friends and when people ask about me and ministry I hope he can relay what I said to him. Likewise the elder of my former church in Likas. Many people still follow my Instagram and youtube and I hope the elder also could communicate what he has heard. 

But I am excited to serve in the city, right at the heart of the city. With an international airport less than 10kms away we could connect with the rest of the world. By 2025 I hope to visit Kalimantan and Jakarta Bandung. That's my gifting in speaking and writing Malay and in being conversant in Indonesian which is an offshoot of Malay.

No comments:

Post a Comment