Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Oil of Rejoicing (Psalm 44, LXX)

Obviously this verse appears in Psalm 45 according to the Hebrew MT, but the Septuagint (LXX) it is in Ps 44 where the Psalmist praises a person who is close to God whom God gives the anointing oil of rejoicing beyond his contemporaries. I asked my friend today to buy an English translation of the LXX. He could easily afford a bungalow house but he kept mum when I suggested he should buy a RM100.00 bible.

No wonder so many so-called Christians are so weak and inept in the knowledge of God. They have a form of godliness but they deny the power of God. They make a show of religiosity like saying meal prayers but their faith is nothing better than the devils who believe yet tremble. 

What is use of our so-called faith if not backed up by works, says James? James uses the example of Abraham sacrificing his beloved son, Isaac. But we love so many other things than God. We love our careers, our jobs, our money in the bank, our possessions, our positions of honour and respect in the world but who chooses God's glory above all? 

No wonder Jesus said they preferred man's glory than God's glory because they have not the love of God in their hearts. I quoted that verse in Psalm 44 LXX to state that I had a wonderful worship time in church last Sunday. I lifted my hands unto the Lord and exalted Him with all my might. Why did I have the oil of rejoicing in me? Because as the Psalmist says he loves righteousness and hates lawlessness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment