Sunday, June 4, 2023

First Sunday Back

After 5 days back in Sabah, my body is slowly adjusting to the time zone. Twice I got up at before 3am and could not get back to sleep as my body thought it was already 7am in NZ. I came back filled with joy and I told my friends that I experienced 7 miracles while in Auckland and I only shared with him 3 miracles. All praise and glory be to our God. Having settled down to work for two days and driving back at peak hours at 4.45pm I realised that my insistence for College’s accommodation is fully justified.

Even during School holidays at present it took me exactly one hour to drive 12kms. I look forward to moving into my apartment at College by middle of June. Now I am waiting to attend the Sunday service and I really want to explore starting a 7.30am service for early risers. Even 9am is too late for me but this church I shall be attending begins its service at 8.30am the earliest start time I could find within my circle of churches. 

Returning to Sabah tells me several things. First, there is no perfect world in this side of eternity. It was getting cold in NZ and I don’t fancy myself spending winter there. Here I am blown away by the heat wave literally and metaphorically. They predict this heat will last until October. It is hot! Second, I find NZ incredibly clean and orderly. The bus stops are near perfect with electronic signage when your bus is due and so on. Public transport is non-existent in KK and hence, cars multiply and pollute the city with deadly gas. But I am here for the ministry. Whether it is for 6 months or 6 years (or 20 years or more) I will take every day with serenity, serving the Lord and impacting the city of Kota Kinabalu and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment