Wednesday, June 21, 2023

The Longest Day

Today is the longest day. It gives me just little bit more time to unpack a few things. Last night my wife helped me to put up several curtains in my new place. The lights outside are just too bright (reminds me of Singapore) and I had to do double curtains in order not to be stay up all night with lights shining through the old curtains. It’s amazing how much time this time around that I took to move in and feel settled and regards it as my home.

I suppose there is no home in side of eternity and we wait for a home and a room with a view in heaven where we do not need to do anything to improve or perfect it. This is not our home and time limitations tell us that. I wanted to settle in on my starting work so that I could focus on lectures preparation and not have to deal with mundane matters. As we are still tenting and living in this earthly body and a tent of clay, we still need earthly shelter and we can’t avoid spending time in making sure we feel as comfortable as possible. Then time will be no more as Rev 10:6-7 tells us as we reach kingdom come and Christ rules in person on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment