Friday, June 16, 2023

Transition is Tough

I am now well into my 3rd week into my new ministry at a Seminary in KK. Since my house is only about 13kms away I thought I could move everything and settle in within 2 days. But alas there are many unforseen situations that crop up and I need to deal with them with patience one by one. So this morning at 4am I drove from home to my Seminary because I needed to take a few things. I take pride on the fact that I can move from one place to another in 2 weeks, for instance moving from Sabah to New Zealand in 1998 to start my postgraduate study in theology. It is no accident that I call my memoirs “Departure Points”. But I did not expect that to move from one place to another within the city precinct may also take 2 weeks.

But this morning after my early moving day or night, I began to focus on my work again. Preparing for the lessons for the first week of July with the course descriptions. In Singapore I started with 2 papers but here I am offering 4 papers. I am not complaining as there is much work to do and I relish in it. I watched online a video about the Chinese engineer who is in charge of the Tesla factory in Shanghai and he leaves for work between 6am-7am and he works into the night (midnight). I am pleased to know that he is trained as an engineer at Auckland University of Technology and I am proud of the fact that I am NZ trained. I wrote a couple of weeks ago during my time in NZ that I almost failed in my errand. But I know New Zealand well and answered all the questions with wit and wisdom by the grace of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment