Thursday, June 1, 2023

Life's New Page

Early this morning at 4am, I turned on my phone and checked my email and lo and behold a message from a far country sending well-wishes for a new career and life's new page. I like the latter phrase a great deal for it is indeed a new page in a book written by the Author of Life, God himself. If He pleases to still use His servant, He will turn a new page for me which He had done and today it is the start of a new chapter in my life and ministry. Every new chapter has its first page and in the coming days and weeks, these life experiences will be the first pages in this new chapter of my Christian service unto the Lord. Not many people understand it which is understandable for spiritual things are spiritually discerned and really there aren't many spiritual people around be they Professors of theology, Pastors of big and small churches and so-called Christian leaders of all sorts.

I told a friend that it was my choice to return to Sabah to serve in the mission field. To the world, it seems a lost cause for it has no hope for the future and no pecuniary gain. Yes, I still meet with so many Christians that "money" is their God, and not God! "You can only serve one - God or mammoth". So for the past 9 years back in the mission field, I had been "active" in employment for only 6 years, but to most New Zealanders, I might as well be on the "dole" or unemployment benefit, since it is probably higher than the highest wage I got in these past 9 years. A labourer is worthy of his wages, Jesus said that himself in the Gospel of Luke; and God took care of that even during severe trials and tribulations of the past years. 

Yesterday as it was end of the month, I did my accounting once more. Lo and behold, if I did not go to New Zealand, my balance would be the same as what I checked Dec 2021 when my last pay check was received and for 17 months, God showed His power and providential care to His servant just like He did for Elijah of old. Now today is life's new page. I do not how anything will unfold. Already three separate invitations have come my way even before I started. But what I know is this: I am ready and I am more than prepared to turn this new page. All the past week of the Feast of Pentecost (since last Thursday, 6th Sivan) to Pentecost Sunday (28.5) and Harvest Festival in Sabah (30-31 May), the Lord spoke to me that my service will be fruitful and productive - I will bring in the Lord's harvests as He called me to reap, even in places where I have not laboured.

No comments:

Post a Comment