Friday, October 13, 2023

Book Launch

I have published my 6th book. But it will be the first to have a sort of a launch. The Principal of the Seminary where I serve has so kindly agreed to pray at my book launch and I will have the privilege of speaking for a few minutes before the Principal dedicates the book in the name of the Lord. The launch will take place in the last Chapel's service before graduation. My new book is a collection of 5 essays and five sermons, all of which are in Malay except the sermons in English. I rarely wrote my sermons long hand in church and praise be to God that in my 29 years of ministry, I have three sermon scripts. Only one written sermon remains during my first pastorate in KOTA KINABALU twenty years ago. But the book will be promoted for its essays, two of which are the main pillars of the book, namely theological education in Sabah and the Triune God.

I doubt there is anything written in Malay on the Trinity, so there will be a few firsts in my book. I have a chance after 30 years in theological education beginning in 1993 where I pursued a BTheol degree in Auckland University as preparation for full-time ministry. I studied both Hebrew and Greek in my first year. In this essay I put down what I think is necessary to be done in Sabah in the next ten years if we have to have an effective and relevant theological education for the training of pastors and church leaders. In the essay on the Trinity I try to avoid using the word, "Allah" which is contentious in Malaysia and attempt to find a way out of this predicament, especially for the indigenous churches that use the national language as our language of worship and Bible reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment