Wednesday, October 25, 2023

God the Trinity

My books on "God the Trinity" are here, all 500 copies of them. The first two copies went to my proof-readers, but there will be a soft launch next Thursday, the final Chapel Assembly of the year. I hope a few more people will buy my books on that day. Remarkably, last week a person from West Malaysia had bought 4 of my books published locally. And about 7 more people have ordered the book and I told them to wait until the launching before I sent it to them. Last night while I was invigilating the New Testament 2 exams, I read the first two essays in my new book. It took me about 45 minutes to read 57 pages. I am particularly pleased to read the essay on the One and Triune God which I presented as a public lecture over 2 sessions (one hour each) on 21st May 2016.

I revised it slightly and changed the nomenclature for "God" in Malay in light of present context and development in Malaysia. But otherwise, I explained how God is one and triune at the same time. I pray that the Lord will use the essay to bless the Malay-speaking churches. The essay on theological education is no less important. It is a vision for the next decade looking forward to Malaysia Day's 70th anniversary in 2033 when the State of Sabah became independent through the formation of Malaysia on 16th Sept 1963. I listed 20 points on various matters on theological education that needs to change and be improved upon If we truly want to impact churches and society in the next ten years and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment