Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Rejoicing in the City

Chris Tomlin’s song, God of this City has proved to be one huge inspiration. I first listened to it on Malaysia’s Day 16th Sept 2023 just barely three weeks ago as I signed off my essay on theological education in Sabah centred in Kota Kinabalu, the capital city of Sabah. I believe great things are yet to come and great things will be done in the city. I rejoice as just a couple of hours ago I heard that my new book is ready for shipping and in fact 20 copies will sent to me by courier tomorrow. I might get the first copies by Friday or next Monday at the latest. These are the first fruits of my labour, a collection of essays that altogether amounts to the work of 6 months in total. The two lectures or sermons I preached at a Pastor’s Conference took me 3 weeks to complete and I remember working day and night so that I could be a blessing to the 300 plus pastors gathered for the Conference in 2017. My essay on theological education also took at least three weeks of full-time work having worked on it since June and finishing it on Malaysia Day in which I set out my vision of what should happen in the next ten years in light of the 70th anniversary of Sabah’s independence within Malaysia. I do pray that the rest of the books will reach me before graduation day so that I could promote my book fully for all who will come, near and far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment