Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Reforming the Church

Today is Reformation Day. Reformation in the 16th century reminds us that the church needs reforming from time to time. Either it has become lukewarm or veer into falsehood or blatant idolatry the church is in need of reform. Today on the last day of the month I took a major step in resolving where I shall be serving long term. One thing is certain. I won't be long in my current place of ministry. I need to return to my family and to my clan.

I remember clearly 10 years ago when I was in Singapore the passage of Scripture on the year of Jubilee spoke to me from Lev 25. My family is my church or group of churches that I had served since 1994. Even during my Singapore's sojourn I was very much part of the church as annually I would receive invitations to preach or conduct End-time seminar in Sabah. 

Last Sunday I preached in one of these churches in a rural village of about 80kms from KK. It was my fourth time preaching here since 1997 and was my first since 2017. But this morning I received a huge boost from a HQ staff who heard me preach on Sunday. Her understatement was "we were not sleepy when you preach" (Kami tidak mengantuk) and I knew I had to return to serve my spiritual family. Whatever sibling squabbles there might be, it is within the family and one year is long enough to be serving elsewhere though again I had never left since I worship within my denomination's churches and will be preaching 10 more times by Christmas in five SIB churches.

No comments:

Post a Comment