Friday, October 18, 2024

First Time Rejection

Early yesterday morning at 6.12am I texted an elder who invited me for two preaching sessions in the first weekend of December. And for the first time in my ministry I turned it down due to lack of proper form of transport to the place concerned. When I was in Ranau and three years after that I drove a second hand Triton 4-wheel drive that took me into the most interior of places to Malinsau and up the mountains and down the valleys of Ranau often not just gravel roads but rocky and muddy roads during rainy season. Now with a city car, every time I have to travel to ministry I have to think twice; in fact I took 12 hours longer to reply to the elder because I struggled to make a decision as it has been 7 years since I went to that District and they have been one of my strong supporters.

I pray that the rejection does not damage our partnership in the gospel in the long term. So it was three days ago on the evening of Feast of Tabeernacles that I prayed for another 4-wheel drive vehicle and coincidentally Triton launched its 6th generation on the same day and I had watched a few YouTube videos since. It was the first time I turned down an invitation on the ground that I could not reach the place with my current vehicle. I thought of asking the hosts to pick me in Ranau where I can park my car in my former church but at the end that would be too troublesome. And I have plenty of time between sessions which I need the use of a car to just drive a bit. But alas I told the elder I prayed that the Lord would open door again sometime in the future. But today I still felt the sting because I never thought I had to decline an invitation to speak on the basis of transportation. Lord You know when You answer prayers all things are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment