Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Marking Milestones

I marked my 60th birthday with 7 close friends and my beloved wife, a faithful companion in my journey of faith. The 60th birthday's milestone was marked by something else, totally unplanned as 10 SIB pastors sang happy birthday to me at the door of the main hall of our denomination, a delight to a few of my friends but probably unnerved many for they could see how "popular" or "loved" I was by others. But I am marking another milestone in two months' time, one which is much significant than my 60th year of life, which is my 30th anniversary in the Lord's service. I told myself after publishing Departure Points almost five years ago that every year thence it would be a bonus, after 55 I count every five years as precious.

Previously, I plan for 10 years in advance, but now in advancing age, being alive in the next five is a bonus, what more serving the Lord full-time with joy and delighting in Him like a little child. I had the sensation when worshipping in church last Sunday that I felt I was like my 17-year old former self just accepted the Lord Jesus as Lord and Saviour and worshipping the Father in church with liberty and extreme delight with tears of joy and much love flowing into my heart by the Holy Ghost. 

How am I going to mark my 30th anniversary in the Lord's service? By writing another book, my 7th book this time my memoirs in Malay as Departure Points in English is not really a memoirs. This time, "Anak Panak" I have three chapters on my childhood to teenage years (ch.1), chapter 2 is encountering Jesus in Christchurch as a 17 year old and 5 years in Law School and chapter 3 is the Lord's calling into full-time service, experiences that I skipped over in my second book, Departure Points. I have reached page no. 300 with lots of photos which the BM speaking audience I think they will love the photos and about 70,000 words. That's sums up my life and ministry in the past 30 years in the Lord's service. All glory be to Him alone! Can I get it done in 2 months? Only God knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment