Wednesday, April 30, 2014

A Miraculous Life

I wrote to someone dear to my heart this morning and said, "Call upon Jesus and if your life is right with God, you will see miracles...." And I have more than 30 years of experience to prove this. I remember well when I was pursuing my first theological degree, my New Testament lecturer called me "the miracle man". He repeated that several times in the course of the Semester. I knew he was only half serious and betraying the wry sense of kiwi humour. Even though it was spoken almost in jest I knew that it was not me for there is nothing good in me but that I serve a miracle working God. The NT lecturer was surprised how I managed to convince the Dean to allow me into his Romans class a second year course without first completing introduction to the NT, a first year course. And also how I was exempted from introduction to the Old Testament and substituted that with Hebrew instead.

At the end of my first year I saw God's miraculous working power. I fell ill just a week before the exams and there were altogether 6 exams including Greek and Hebrew. I was still sick when I sat for the first 2 exams but by God's grace, my grades were better than I expected under the circumstances. I also saw God's miraculous power in providing for me and family. My son was only 2 years old then, and how my savings in the short time of my legal practice saw us through my theological education. Even some years after my first theological degree, I saw God's miraculous power granted me the highest degree in biblical studies when I had returned for postgrad study with just a few thousand dollars when my son was 8 and my family depended on me as the sole bread winner even until today. But it is not I but the Lord, Yhwh jireh, the faithful provider and the El Shaddai revealed in Jesus Christ. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment