Thursday, February 25, 2016

"There is no Joy to the Ungodly" (LXX Isaiah 48:22)

As I was reflecting on last night's message where a deacon of my church preached about "joy" as one quality that characterized Christians. I can't agree more. As his message was brief as usual only 15 mins I saw the clock showing 8:40pm, I decided to share a brief testimony on joy. I experienced great joy last Sunday during the worship of the first service. I was leaping for joy and a sense of exhilarating joy swept over me again and again. I was caught up in visions of the Lord and sensed the joy of the Lord over those who are righteous and obedient to His will. I spoke about the worship song concerning one thing I asked of You and told my congregation that I asked the Lord for one thing, that is to do His will and be found in the centre of His will.
Last night, I shared how it was the joy of the Lord that I managed to minister for 7 weeks in a row without break for the joy of the Lord is your strength. Even the half day break late Sunday afternoon in KK was rushed in that I had to get up and drive back to Namaus before 6am. Why do we feel joy but others do not? This LXX verse in Isaiah 48:22 gives the answer (The Hebrew has there is no peace to the wicked). There is no joy to the ungodly, saith the Septuagintal Isaiah. They can't worship God because there is no righteousness and justice in their lives. They live like the world and do wicked things, thus they have no joy. You have anointed me with the oil of joy above my fellows because I loved righteousness and hated wickedness....(Hebrews 1:9). Therefore the redeemed of the Lord shall return, and come with singing unto Zion, and everlasting joy shall be upon their head: they shall obtain gladness and joy; sorrow and mourning shall flee away (Isaiah 51:11).

No comments:

Post a Comment