Thursday, November 10, 2016

3 Days & 3 Nights

Jesus was in the belly of the earth for 3 days and 3 nights like what Jonah went through in the belly of the fish. I have been back in Kota Kinabalu since noon Monday and spent three days and three nights first resting and then doing personal errands. I thank my God that when I returned home after 8 days away everything was in order. After 24 hours of rest, I spent yesterday paying for my road tax and car insurance. Wow it's been 2 years since I bought my 2nd hand pick up truck in anticipation of an interior mission work in Ranau and the surrounding villages. I don't regret for a second buying the car without which I would not have been able to traverse the mountain terrains and rivers or should I say streams and valleys below. I have logged tens of thousands kilometres in 24 months, visiting and preaching in every corner of Sabah from the East (Sandakan, Entilibon) to the West (Kota  Belud and Nahaba) from the north (Kudat) to the south (Kemabong & Long Mio). What a God. Lord I thank You for Your faithfulness and Your mercy for which I am not worthy (katonti).
Today I continue to do errands,  doing banking, changing a long expired ATM card. Almost everything is automatic nowadays but sometimes personal engagement is still called for. Tomorrow I will rest at home and look at my preaching schedule for the next couple of months. I have a 4-session preaching in Mendolong among the Lundayeh and Murut tribes in just over a week. Then our denomination's AGM is scheduled just before the end of November and I have another 2-session preaching in Nahaba's Youth Conference before I usher in the super busy month of December. Lord I thank You for putting Your unworthy servant into Your service. I always feel like I am like a secret agent unknown to the world, but in His Majesty's service, only that my King is not of this world but the king of kings, Jesus Christ the Son of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment