Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Record of Documents

I tend to be a keeper of records and documents. I have 7 or 8 large files filled with documents from 20 years ago. Though I have very few documents which I kept during my time as Treasurer General except for the final two years of audited accounts which showed a 49% increase church income in 1996-1998. Even during the financial crisis of 1997-1998 the Lord poured out his blessings on His church. I often tell people that God's servants are recession proof and God's church is always protected from the economic downturns of the day. But last night and this morning I searched high and low for a document which I needed but could not find.
Amazingly I have all kinds of related documents from various sources and years but the one I looked for went missing. All for my pride in my ability to keep a record of my documents. But searching through my documents I came across several documents of my past. Just four years ago I was pastoring a rural church in a small town in Ranau and I saw my medical certificate from Ranau general hospital. For the first three months of my pastoral ministry I was suffering an allergic attacks and I had running nose almost every morning including Sundays. But invariably it stopped just before 8am as I needed to start the service with opening prayers and preached. Yes I did preach more than 100 times in all in less than 14 months, not counting short devotions. How by God's grace when no man is adequate for anything, yet I could serve Him in my weakness but in His strength. Another document came to light which brought tears to my eyes. It was the prayer items that filled a full page in the Day of Mourning in Sabah and the day of Remembrance in Singapore where 10 Singaporeans and 6 Sabahans were killed in the Ranau earthquake centred in Mount Kinabalu. From the prayer list we prayed for 2 hours that day for Singapore and Sabah in particular and it was from that day of prayers and mourning that God poured out His blessings until now even as Haggai 2:15 says, "From this day I will bless you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment