Thursday, June 4, 2020

6th Week in the 6th Month

I have taken the plunge. I bought a 3-year old computer demo unit for less than half the price. This is 6th week since I was out of a working computer. I needed to write notes for my lectures at the SIB Bible College at the end of the month. Without a working computer, I can't work. The pen is mightier than the sword. But the sword of the Lord is the computer now, as I write sermons, power-points, lecture notes and perhaps even a new book soon. I have been restless. For the first six weeks of the MCO, I had to preach twice a week (to myself) in audio recording. But in the past 6 weeks, I preached only alternate Sundays and all the Friday slots for prayer meetings I had allocated to be taken up by deacons. I need to take a breather and prepare for my series of lectures and in 6 days' time I shall be preaching for the next Sunday's online service.
And I also need to decide by today whether I would take up the offer to teach an online course for a West Malaysian seminary at the comfort of my home. The only barrier to making a decision is whether I could deliver a series of lectures on Revelation online over the internet. I still think face-to-face meetings are the way to go, especially on a topic as difficult as Revelation that students need to have the time for interaction with the lecturer to clarify any point they wish. Even during one-day End-time seminars, it has been always been intense. Participants never ceased to ask questions during tea-breaks and lunch, so I don't know whether online course does justice to the subject-matter of the book of Revelation. As it is the 6th month of the year, I felt that it is time to plan ahead for future publications. I have a former student now based in the USA and he asked whether I would be publishing my John's commentary in English. Even the Malay version is half done until ch. 12 of John's Gospel. There is plenty of work. But now by God's grace, I have a working computer and I plan to work as the Lord permits, whilst it is still day before the night comes when no one can work (John 9).

No comments:

Post a Comment