Wednesday, July 7, 2021

7 times 7 times 7

Today is the 7th day of the 7th month. It also marks my 7th year back in Sabah making it 7 times 7 times 7. I arrived back in Kota Kinabalu on the 1st of July 2014 the day after my contract ended the day before. But I waited for another 6 months before my next appointment, and during the waiting period returned to Singapore twice more to attend to offers by churches there for me. I expected to serve in Sabah on 1st July since I wrote to my HQ in early March giving them more than 3 months to find a posting for me. But God's appointed times were always never too early or too late.

While waiting I wrote my memoir for my first 20 years in ministry then revised it in 2019 to include my last 5 years making it 25 years in all. Having been back in Sabah for 7 years, 6 months and 7 days, I can feel that I am fulfilling God's destiny for me. While I waited for my current appointment I actually wrote 2 more books, one on John's Gospel in Malay and the other on Song of Songs. I was thrilled a couple of days ago to read to instagram posts how two people were blessed by reading my "Woman in Love" There are not many English readers in the circle of my friends in Sabah but apparently the numbers are not small either as more than 20 books on Song of Songs have been sold without me promoting it elsewhere since it is pandemic times. 7 times 7 times 7 is a divine number no doubt as our God is a perfect God even as Jesus said that we should be perfect as our heavenly Father is perfect. I don't know what the next 7 years will hold for me. Even when I preached sermons watched by a few hundred people and lately I realized quite a few senior leaders around the State have beeb tuning in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment