Saturday, July 24, 2021

Jubilee & Returning Home (Possession)

Until 42 years old I have nothing to call my own except two cheap Malaysian-made cars. I sold both cars when I went to Singapore when I was 44 years old which means I owned nothing until I was close to 55 years old. One clear passage which the Lord gave me besides Lev 25:10 was His command to Jacob to return to the land of his birth (Gen 31:19). I was not aware of the fulfilment of the Jubilee passage in my life until a couple of months ago when I prepared to preach on the Year of Jubilee and slavery. I felt the Lord spoke to my spirit and made me understand why I had to be in Ranau for 4 years before my return to my home in Kota Kinabalu.

As my house was still on loan, it meant that I had to fully settle my loan with the bank and with my brother who helped me with the purchase before I could call the house, my own possession according to the will of the Lord. Thus, when it was fully settled in July 2018, I could return to it early 2019 and for the first time I have been staying in my house for more than 2 years without interruption or moving to another place. I rejected the invitation to go to Ranau for a week because I wanted to stay put in Kota Kinabalu, my city and now that my church is in the city. Things are so fluid everyday with the new clusters around Kota Kinabalu that I had to make sure I am available to go to pray for any church member affected including helping them with daily necessities. There are many people in need, perhaps not financially but mentally and spiritually. As a pastor, I can't leave my flock even for 48 hours. Perhaps an overnight trip is fine but any trip longer than 2 or 3 days is not feasible for the rest of the year. Anyhow, I thank the Lord as by staying home in Kota Kinabalu, God's promise to me is fulfilled when I sought His leading in early 2014. It's now 7 years and 7 months and as God's timing is always perfect, I rest in His will and God will fulfil His purpose for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment