Monday, July 10, 2023

40th Day

I read Romans 5-7 this morning. It's rare that I read Romans for morning devotions, though I make it a point to read Romans from beginning to finish at least once a year. Sanctification is hard work in that one has to die to sin and yield the members of the body unto righteousness. It's by God's grace and His enabling Spirit that we could put to death the deeds of the body by the Holy Spirit (Rom 8:13). Today marks the 40th day of my ministry in this new place. I am truly settled in that I do not feel the need of me returning to my old home. I have brought with me all that I need and whatever else I needed I had purchased in the past couple of weeks.

As it was my 17th time moving from one place to another in 30 years as I count my start of the journey in Christian service when I gave up my law practice and went to New Zealand for theological study in early 1993. But God knows best for His children, though not planned or envisioned as late as early February this year, now I found myself content with what I am doing. I read a verse saying that "when the wicked rise, a man is hidden" (KJV, Proverbs 28:28). This week will be one of the busiest. I have three hours lectures tomorrow on Intro to NT, looking at Paul's letters. On Wednesday, a Masters' class on Galatians. On Thursday I shall be preaching in Chapel at 11am and then at night, three hours lectures on Matthew's Gospel. Then, on Friday, I will meet with my postgraduate student and discuss how best to teach the module on NT Methodology since there is only one student and we might just do it over Zoom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment