Sunday, July 16, 2023

Middle of July

It’s the middle of July. It is going to be the month of Leo. It is a month that I will turn another year older. It will be the last year for me to be in the 50s. Another year will see my golden years commence with rapid speed. I thank God that I am in good health. I could travel freely and without needing any form of assistance. But in 10 years’ time, as we enter into the perfect number of 70 years we have indeed reached old age, though some friends I know keep a busy life of ministry and service into their late 70s.

But no one could prolong life as determined by God. Priests are given 20 years from 30 to 50 in active service in the Temple. Then after 50 they take on less onerous tasks. Today I was called upon to conduct the Lord’s communion. The Lord’s supper commemorates the death of our Lord Jesus. Jesus died when he was in his mid-30s, his prime so to speak, half of 70. He had accomplished what His Father wanted him to do. To us humans it often takes longer for our journey in life to be formed into His image and to be made effective servants of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment