Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Today is the Day

In a couple of hours’ time I shall be lecturing on one of my favourite NT books, Galatians. Exactly 27 years ago I was driving to Tenom and then walking for one and a half hours from Bakuku to Alutok, right down South of the State of Sabah. I celebrated my 32nd birthday that night by preaching a midnight sermon, starting 11pm and ending just before I turned another day old. But after 27 years I am still strong and serving the Lord. Can I go for another 27 years?

Not as an itinerant for sure but as a preacher and teacher of God’s Word based in Kota Kinabalu or in a big city. I have no idea how long I will stay in the place where I am celebrating my 59th year and per chance next year I could celebrate with my colleagues and friends over lunch, by the grace of God. 

After teaching three hours of 2 Thes and 1 Corinthians up to ch. 6 I was totally fatigued and my mind was still in overdrive at 4.30am as I woke up and forced myself to sleep again as I know I need all the energy I could garner for today’s 3 hours lectures on Galatians. Tomorrow will be another 3 hours on Matthew’s Gospel and on Friday it will be one to one with my MTheol student going over the Greek text of John 13. 

No comments:

Post a Comment